OxBlog

Monday, November 04, 2002

# Posted 10:39 AM by Ariel David Adesnik  

I WISH I WEREN'T IGNORANT: Amnesty International has released a report which asserts that there is "clear evidence" of Israeli war crimes committed in the West Bank. While I wish I knew enough to evaluate the validity of such charges, I'm willing to hazard a prediction about what we can expect in the next few days: 1) The American left, along with official spokesman for all sorts of Middle Eastern governments, will cite the Amnesty report as vindication of their views on Israeli brutality. 2) The European media, with a helping hand from the Times and the Post, will publicize such criticism to no end. 3) Investigative reporters will eventually reveal that Amnesty never had any evidence in the first place. Remember the Jenin "massacre"?
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home