OxBlog

Monday, May 05, 2003

# Posted 9:57 PM by Patrick Belton  

IRAQI INFO MINISTER TO UK POP STAR: Well, Madonna could do it. (Or "M," rather, as she required her fellow players to call her in her West End debut in Up For Grabs.) And now it looks as though the former Iraqi information minister, Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, is now also going to make the transition from butt of laughter to UK pop icon. That reputable London daily, The Sun, reports that a dance track backed by Les Molloy will soon be released featuring some of al-Sahaf's best lines. And who says UK pop has lost it? (My opinion of The Sun rose substantially after, in my benighted pre-Rachellian days, I went to dinner several times with a former Page 3 girl studying at Oxford.)

(Reportedly, and per the wags at The Sun, he will cover Oasis's "Iraq and Roll Star," Charles and Eddie's "Would I Lie to You," R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Lie," Public Enemy's "Don't Believe the Hype," And Freddie Mercury's "The Great Pretender.")

(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home