OxBlog

Saturday, February 07, 2004

# Posted 11:48 PM by Ariel David Adesnik  

SHOUT-OUT TO STARBUCKS: Yes, I know that public praise for Coffee Inc. may result in my being branded as a yuppie reactionary. F*** that. Yesterday, my local Starbucks accepted an expired coupon in exchange for a three dollar drink. Three minutes later, the barista came over to me and admitted that he had forgotten to put the espresso in the mix. He already had a properly-made caramel macchiato in hand.

Would I have known that there was no coffee in my drink if the barista hadn't freely admitted his own mistake? Perhaps. After tasting the replacement the difference was clear. But I was quite happy with my hot milk, caramel syrup and whipped cream. So let's hear it for neo-liberal corporate-led globalization. Because good service is invaluable.
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home