OxBlog

Saturday, July 03, 2004

# Posted 2:12 PM by Patrick Belton  

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I think we have a new Russian heartthrob:




Maria Sharapova, 17, had this to say to Serena Williams, whom she played against in the finals on Centre Court:

'Serena actually I have to take this way from you for one year, I'm sorry,' she said, as she accepted the Venus Rosewater Dish on Centre Court at Wimbleton. 'I know there are going to be so many more moments when we're going to play. I'm sure we're going to be here another time and hopefully many more times in other grand slams, fighting for the trophy, so thank you for giving me a tough match but I'm sorry I had to win today.' She then called her mother.

And we had thought - prematurely, it turns out - that all class was gone from sports. What a dear.
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home