OxBlog

Friday, July 02, 2004

# Posted 6:35 PM by Ariel David Adesnik  

OXBLOG "HUMOURLESS": That's the verdict from Ed Cone, who says my extended critique of The Onion is "thuddlingly self-serious" and that "The Onion could have a field day with this guy". Ed also gets in a good shot by noting Rhodes Scholars are short on credibility when it comes to accusing others of being elitist.

Actually, no. Rhodes Scholars may be part of an elite, but 'elitism' refers to those who look down on the mass public. When push comes to shove, I've got a lot of faith in the aggregate rationality of the American public.

Anyhow, here's something funny just in case my posts have been getting you down lately:
My dad was...not a very bright man. When I was 6, I asked him where babies came from, and he said, "The stork!" I replied incredulously, "You f***ed a stork?"
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home