OxBlog

Sunday, November 06, 2005

# Posted 4:08 PM by Patrick Belton  

GONE FREELANCIN': I've in the last few days received a handful of friendly emails from our kind mums readers, asking why we're not covering the riots in Paris - given that French and western Muslims are of great interest to me and a subject I keep coming back to in my career as a writer. I was in the middle of writing back one of these kind parents readers explaining that I was really overwhelmed with a chapter for a book and another for my thesis, when it occurred to me, you people are entirely right. So I'm taking the 5 am train to Paris, to have a look around, walk around Clichy and talk with people I bump into, and if it works out that way, perhaps file a piece or two. I'll see you guys from there.
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home