Thursday, June 08, 2006

# Posted 10:24 AM by Patrick Porter  

CHIRAC ON MEN: Not a 'money quote.' Its the quote of the century. According to the wife of French President Chirac, her husband claims:

We men are like the Cro-Magnon people of prehistoric times,” he once told me. “We’re always hunting and wenching. But, at the end of the day, we always go back to our caves. For my part I need this cave to feel at ease with myself. Without it I would be as unhappy as could be.”
This gives the man a certain Je ne sais quoi.
(7) opinions -- Add your opinion

Shows gall, not Gaul.
Real men do not need caves
He did alway seem to have his head up his cave.
A oui little man...
Said Chirac to his lifelong companion
‘Je suis seulement post-modern Cro-Magnon!’
Thus one oft finds the French,
Post the Hunt and the Wench,
‘Neath a rock, in a cave, in a canyon.
I wanna go home
Take off this uniform
And leave the show.
But I'm waiting in this cell
Because I have to know.
Have I been guilty all this time?

-Pink Floyd
I wonder if Chirac's mistress will show up at his funeral, as have those of other French leaders....
Post a Comment