OxBlog

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

# Posted 1:21 AM by Ariel David Adesnik  

HEARTBREAK KID HEARTBROKEN IN TITLE BOUT: Heartbreak who? Title what? We're talking about pro wrestling, so get with the program. Just a few hours ago, live on cable television, Shawn Michaels (aka The Heartbreak Kid) came within a hair's breadth of taking the world title away from Triple H.

I don't watch wrestling much these days because of time constraints, but when I'm on vacation I try to get a few episodes of RAW and SMACKDOWN! under my belt. The reason I'm posting about tonight's title bout was that it was one of the most extraordinary wrestling matches I've ever seen. I haven't seen that many pay-per-view events, but this match easily surpassed those that I have seen and demolished any of the competition from network and cable events.

Beyond their stunning athleticism, both HBK and Triple H demonstrated once again why they are two of the best showmen in the sports entertainment industry. Even though their match lasted for almost 40 minutes, it wasn't boring for a second, because both men made the plot come alive with their expressive physical performances.

Moreover, HBK was performing for his hometown fans in San Antonio, so their rabid enthusiasm added a powerful dimension to an already epic battle. While I may have given away the result of the match, any of you who is even the slightest wrestling fan (and has TiVo or Digital Direct) should stop reading immediately and take a look at the match. You'll be glad you did.

UPDATE: Mike Daley reminds me that the WWE deserves major applause for dispatching its superstars to the deserts of Iraq in order to raise our troops spirits for the holidays.
(1) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments:
Great Article.. Completely agree with the flow. Thanks for sharing. I am sure other too would benefit from it. Cheers…!!!
KrazyMantra IT Services
IT Services In Ahmedabad
 
Post a Comment


Home