OxBlog

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

# Posted 10:56 PM by Ariel David Adesnik  

LIVE BLOGGING THE DAILY SHOW: I figure I need some practice if I'm going to live blog the Republican convention, so here goes:

10:58 PM: Reno 911 just ended. Funny show.

10:59 PM: Opening music for the Daily Show. The clock on my computer is obviously slow.

11:00 PM: Robert Novak in a blue dress. Yikes!

11:01 PM: My parents are now watching the show with me. This requires explaining all of the jokes since the pop culture references are lost on them. Then again, having parents who don't recognize Sigfried & Roy probably was good for me.

11:07 PM: Just finished the segment on Republicans who want to put Nader on the ballot. Ed Helms is awesome!

11:12 PM: Stephen Colbert presents "This Week in God". Says Catholicism turns high school girls into either virgins or whores. OxBlog's anecdotal experience confirms this fact.

11:15 PM: Commercial for Arm & Hammer deoderant. Dad says Mitchum's is the best deoderant. It's so strong it will last for two days. But it's expensive.

11:16 PM: Commercial for the Olive Garden. I really don't like the Olive Garden. Italian grandmothers everywhere are rolling in their graves.

11:19 PM: Tom Cruise arrives. He's wearing a retro-70s red leather jacket. Bad choice. Dad reminds me that Cruise is part of a suspicious cult that has something to do with L. Ron Hubbard.

11:21 PM: I can't believe this guy scored with Nicole Kidman and Penelope Cruz. Not that he doesn't deserve it. It's just so unbelievably awesome.

11:25 PM: The interview's over. Funny stuff, especially when Stewart asked Cruise if when he's with his kids, he walks into the room where they are and the suddenly go "Omigod! It's Tom Cruise!"

You know, I actually feel that way about my own parents sometimes. They're pretty cool and there are a lot of people who really admire them for their work. Fortunately, the National Enquirer doesn't publish stories about their love life. That would be so f***ed up.

11:28 PM: The 'Moment of Zen' and closing credits. Now it's time for Colin Quinn. For me, it's time for a sandwich.

Buh-bi-buh-bi-buh-bi, that's all folks!

UPDATE, 11:38 PM: My mother points out that doctoral candidates at Oxford should know how to spell "deodorant".
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home