OxBlog

Sunday, August 22, 2004

# Posted 8:04 AM by Patrick Belton  

SI NON È VERO, È BEN TROVATO: As a schoolboy growing up in an Irish-Italian emigrant enclave in the South consisting roughly of the limits of my family's home, I acquired a number of amusing stories which almost collectively make up for my lacking the good sense to select a more mainstream family background. One of these is that, in my provincial city in Virginia, we would typically get the rejected textbooks from the northeast, often with mispellings which were caught in their second print run. It wasn't until I turned 25 that I realised why people kept snickering whenever I'd refer to Aeneas and Dildo.
(1) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments:
Louis Vuitton Handbags. Long gone are the days, when a watch simply tells time.
 
Post a Comment


Home