OxBlog

Saturday, December 11, 2004

# Posted 3:02 PM by Ariel David Adesnik  

OXBLOG'S BIG TENT POLITICS: In a bold effort to reach out to those with opinions minimally different from my own, I had dinner last night with Matt Yglesias (as well as JO, who doesn't figure in this story but generously let me crash at his place on Thursday night.)

Without hesitation, I can say that Matt up came with the best dis of OxBlog I've ever heard. I can't remember the exact words, but it went like this: "You people make no sense. You spend 364 days a year trashing liberals and defending the Bush administration. Then, come election day, it's all, 'Oh no, I couldn't vote for Bush. I mean, he's just not a good president.'"

I didn't have a comeback ready for that one last night, but 15 hours later, here it is: All presidential election years are leap years. Therefore, OxBlog spends 365 days a year trashing liberals, not 364, before coming out for Kerry at the polls.

Choke on that, sucka!

CORRECTION: Reader TD from MIT points out that neither 1800 nor 1900 was a presidential election leap [CORRECTION TO THE CORRECTION: Obviously, there were presidential elections in both 1800 and 1900. Perhaps my Federalist instincts led me to erase John Adams' tragic defeat from our collective historical consciousness.] year, since those years evenly divisible by 100 but not by 400 are not leap years. JK makes the same point and adds that OxBlog better have a new comeback ready for Yglesias by 2100.
(1) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments:
Hey!!!! You have shared such a lovely information….please share my blog also… RPO Services In Ahmedabad
Krazymantra is leading company, provides RPO(Recruitment Process Outsourcing) services in ahmedabad... We have various scope of technology services that deliver real business results to market. We also provides Voice and Non-Voice Solutions, Inbound Call Centre Solutions, Outbound Call Centre Solutions etc.Global clients in our fold from UK, Australia and USA among others validates are competency in the domain.

 
Post a Comment


Home