OxBlog

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

# Posted 6:40 PM by Ariel David Adesnik  

KEE-YAH! This past Sunday, I returned to the dojo for the first time after an entire without any karate training at all. It felt good. At the end of the session, we did a punching exercise in which one student held up a piece of newspaper. The point of the exercise is to have the newspaper make a snapping sound when you hit it. Because the paper offers so little resistance, you have to aim with precision, otherwise you just get "whoosh".

For whatever reason, we used a copy of the Financial Times for target practice. Afterwards, I said to one of the other students that I felt bad hitting the FT because I had so much respect for it and that next time I would bring a copy of the NY Times to class. The other student responded: "I'll pretend I didn't hear that."
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home