OxBlog

Saturday, October 08, 2005

# Posted 6:55 AM by Patrick Belton  

NOW LANDSMEN ALL, WHOEVER YOU MAY BE, IF YOU WANT TO RISE TO THE TOP OF THE TREE WATCH: My participation in the United States and Britain consists of serious professional and academic work as a, well, perhaps 'Anglo-American foreign policy intellectual' isn't sufficiently pretentious, but I'll think of something; and anyhow it's what I scribble about, and together with a handful of friends I run a think tank dedicated to emerging issues in British and American foreign policy.

My participation in Irish society consists, conversely, mostly of bad jokes.

Quick quiz of the day: which is more likely to elicit an invitation to an ambassador's residence shortly after arriving in Switzerland?

Answer: another guiness brownie, excellency?
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home